I just heard of the outrageous bill from a Broadband & Landline provider for very moderate use indeed.
If you really don’t need a landline OR simply want to get online with your PC/Mac while on the road, tethering might well save you a fair amount!
Have a look at your current invoices if they have detailed how much data you use per month. GiffGaff for instance has very reasonable rates – check here.
Here’s how Tethering works:
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Look for Tethering or Personal HotSpot
- Switch Tethering / HotSpot on – this creates a wifi-network for you to connect to
- On the same page you should see the name of the Wifi-network or AccessPoint name you’ve just turned on.
- You’ll also see the Password for the HotSpot
- Go to your computer, select wifi settings, select the name of the network
- Put in the password
- All set! Surf away!